August 2 – 6 This camp is full please call 603-669-0400 to be added to the wait list,.
Campers complete an “Invention and Discovery" film using Stop Motion Animation and LEGO® bricks & Minifigures.
Campers begin by discovering the techniques of stop motion animation and film making while they brainstorm and choose a film subject. They then work on story boarding, set design and construction, and minifigure casting. The final 3 days are for filming, sound recording and editing.
During filming, each camper will have a turn to act as the director, computer operator, movement coordinator and to work with sound effects. Campers will also have the opportunity to create an intro and final credits. A film premiere concludes the camp. Afterward, movies will be posted to YouTube for students to share with family and friends, and copies are provided to campers.
On average, each group creates about 3 minutes of film using a 10-15 frame per second playback rate. Visit the SEE Science Center's YouTube page to watch films from previous camps.
This camp was created by and will be run by Brickapalooza owner and founder, Eric Kingsley.
All SEE camps follow State of New Hampshire guidelines for operation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call SEE at (603) 669-0400 if you have questions.
- This camp is for kids ages 8 to 12.
- Campers are grouped by age.
- This a one week camp.
- Camp is from 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Camp is $300 Save $15 when you register before May 1st.
- SEE members save an additional $15
- $50 off full price, second camp choice or sibling (cannot be combined with other discounts).
- Registration includes activities and a camp mask.
- Payment is due at registration, $50 of each registration is non- refundable.
Please contact SEE with any questions.