Looking for an affordable, fun birthday party venue for your child’s big day?
Look no further…
Birthday parties at SEE are a great value, fun for the kids and flexible and convenient for parents. Join hundreds of families who choose SEE for their child’s birthday party each year!
Call us at 603-669-0400 to schedule your party.
Birthday Parties include:
- Admission to SEE Science Center for children attending the party; plus one free adult admission with each child guest
- Party room for 2 hours
- $5 gift shop certificate for birthday child
- Goodie bag for each child
Looking for a fun weekday job in an educational, community oriented environment? Apply today to become a SEE Visitor Services Associate. Learn more about the Position. Fill out the form below and we will contact you regarding the application process. Contact us to ApplyLearn More
Birthday Party Costs through Dec. 31 2019
- $100.00 for up to 8 children
- $10.00 for each additional child
SEE Member discount pricing
- $90.00 for up to 8 children
- $9.00 for each additional child
There is a $25 non-refundable deposit due when booking your party.
One adult is admitted free for every child.
You can choose to purchase astronaut ice cream for party guests at a discount.
Birthday party cost is $3 per package instead of regular gift shop price of $5 per package.
If you can indicate your choice of this add-on at the time of your booking, we can better guarantee adequate supplies for the day of your party.
Parties are held on Saturdays and Sundays from:
- 10:15 am-12:15 pm
- 12:30 pm-2:30 pm
- 2:45 pm-4:45 pm
The party room holds 30 people comfortably.
You supply all paper products and food.
Birthday Party FAQ
Yes, many local restaurants deliver here.
Yes, you can bring any kind of food you want to. SEE does not provide any plates, paper goods, or other utensils. Alcohol is not allowed for the adults at the party.
SEE frequently has three birthday parties per day on the weekends so the time in the room is limited to two hours scheduled to allow our staff time to clean and set up for each party.
Decorations are allowed, however, the children attending the party are usually most interested in visiting the science center and do not spend the majority of the time in the birthday party room and there is not additional setup time before your party time slot.
Extra adults are charged the $9 admission price.
If the child is going to receive a goodie bag and astronaut ice cream, they are charged the same price as all the other children at the party. If they are over age three but are too young to receive the goodie bag and astronaut ice cream, they will be charged the regular $9 admission price. If the child is under age three, they will be admitted free and will not receive the party items.
All items must be removed from SEE Science Center at the end of your allotted party time. You and your guests may choose to continue to explore the SEE Science Center during operating hours. Parties which end at 4:45pm must leave at 5pm which is the closing time for the center.
There are no exclusive programmed activities for birthday parties. However, SEE Science Center has four exhibits which we demonstrate for visitors:
- The Moonwalk for children 70 lbs or less to feel what it might be like to jump on the moon
- The Van de Graff Static Electricity Generator
- The Harmonograph Drawing Machine which demonstrates Newton’s Laws of Motion
- The Air Cannon where visitors learn about states of matter and forces.
- All four demonstrations may not occur in your time at the Center.
- When a demonstration is about to begin, staff members will call your birthday party group first before announcing it to the general public. You should ensure that your party takes advantage of this opportunity for first-pick for seating/access. Demonstrations are not exclusive, and your group will be joined by other visitors of the Science Center.
- You may divide your time as you wish between the birthday party room and exploring in the science center. Children must be supervised by adults from the party at all times.
Parties are booked on a first come first served basis. Party slots begin to fill up four to six weeks in advance, depending on the time of year. SEE can sometimes book parties as little as a week in advance. Please feel free to call 669-0400 to check availability.
If you need to reschedule your party for any reason including weather. Your paid deposit will carry over to your new booking.
(If a severe weather event is predicted that could affect SEE being open, a staff member will call you the day before to discuss options for your party.)