Volunteer Position Department: Programs
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per week
Reports To: Visitor Services Director
Mission: SEE Science Center is where everyone can discover the excitement of STEM through fun, hands-on experiences.
SEE Science Center has been engaging visitors of all ages in the
pursuit of science discovery for more than 30 years through interactive
exhibits and hands-on programing. SEE is located in 30,000 square feet
in the Manchester’s Millyard and welcomes over 50,000 visitors
The primary function of the Volunteer Kit Creator is to help support the cleaning and preparation of free science kits for schools, demo kits for traveling presenters and take home kits for parents. The program will also help prepare craft supplies and onsite kits for special programs like our early learner program that focuses on bringing hands-on science activities to children ages 2-6 and their caregivers. On occasion these volunteers may also be called upon to assist with creation of visitor materials for events and special programs, or help create consumable supplies for exhibits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with educators to brainstorm kit and craft ideas.
- Source materials for the creation of kits.
- Work with SEE staff and other volunteers to put together kit orders.
- Deliver kits to schools.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be willing to work partially onsite at the Science Center during the pandemic.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Patience and willingness to do repetitive tasks.
- All volunteers must pass a background check to work unsupervised around children.
- Please let us know if you have any special craft skills when you apply!
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Ability to use scissors and other small hand tools to create kits.
All applicants will be considered for volunteer positions without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.