You can recognize a New Hampshire teacher with a 2021 Christa McAulliffe commemorative coin.
The SEE Science Center has had the privilege of working with thousands of dedicated New Hampshire teachers. We are proud to announce a special opportunity to honor their amazing work. We are inviting individuals, businesses, and organizations to recognize teachers for their contributions through sponsorship.
Online purchasing of teacher recognition sponsorships is open now through December 31, 2021 while supplies last.
Scroll down to see opportunities and complete your sponsorship.
Members of the general public can purchase a coin directly from the U.S. Mint starting at $74.
- A 2021 minted Christa McAuliffe commemorative coin.
- An award announcement on social media and on the SEE website highlighting their work.
- An invitation to a special celebration in their honor May 3, 2022 for National Teacher Appreciation Day sponsored by Service Credit Union at the SEE Science Center.
Individual $50 (Remaining $50 value sponsored by Service Credit Union. Limited number available at this price.)
- Recognize and send a coin to a teacher who has made a difference.
- Send a personalized message highlighting your teacher's impact.
- Join us at a celebration in their honor sponsored by Service Credit Union, May 3, 2022 at the SEE Science Center.
- All individual benefits.
- Social media and website recognition.
- Press Packet to spread the word about your contribution.
- Recognition for your company at the May 3, 2022 celebration.
About the Coin
The Christa McAuliffe commemorative coin is a silver dollar minted by the United States Mint exclusively in 2021. Christa McAuliffe, was a New Hampshire social studies teacher, selected to be the first Teacher in Space by NASA. On January 28, 1986, McAuliffe and six astronauts were tragically killed on the Space Shuttle Challenger.
Businesses interested in making a larger impact and recognizing numerous teachers in their community can contact Peter Gustafson, SEE Science Center Deputy Director to discuss options at 603-621-0622.