Volunteer Position Department:
1-2 hours per week, flexible timing.
Mission: SEE Science Center is where everyone can discover the excitement of STEM through fun, hands-on experiences.
SEE Science Center has been engaging visitors of all ages in the pursuit of science discovery for more than 30 years through interactive
exhibits and hands-on programing. SEE is located in 30,000 square feet in the Manchester’s Millyard and welcomes over 50,000 visitors annually.
The primary function of the Marketing Archives Volunteer is to assist the Science Center in the collection and organization of files related to the history of the organization. Work would include sorting press clippings, promotional information, awards and photographs collected since the organization’s founding. In addition to the physical organization of these materials, this individual would assist with the creation of a finding aid to help staff easily reference materials. This volunteer position would also help staff identify which items from our current activities that we should be preserving for the future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff to develop an overarching organizational system.
- Sort through clippings, photos and other ephemera and organize according to the agreed upon framework.
- Create an updateable digital finding aid to assist with quick referencing.
- Work with staff to identify ongoing collection criteria to grow the archive.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of the collection.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- An interest in history and passion for organizing.
- Patience and attention to detail.
- Individual may be working with dusty papers.
- Should be able to sit for long periods of time.
All applicants will be considered for volunteer positions without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.