A Guided tour with a SEE educator provides an opportunity for visitors to engage more deeply with SEE’s exhibit experiences and with each other.
A tour includes guided group experiences geared to the age of the participants. These exhibits and topics are frequently included on a tour: the Van de Graaff Static Electricity Generator, the Harmonograph drawing machine( inviting learners to think about Newton’s laws of motion), simple machines, sound, bubbles, and air pressure. The tour concludes with time for the students to explore the center freely with their chaperones.
Our educators encourage tour participants to think about their everyday experiences from a scientific viewpoint, to ask questions, make observations and to construct explanations. These experiences introduce NGSS Science practices and physical science content by wrapping it up in fun hands-on engagement.
If you have particular content area needs for your students, please call us to discuss options for customizing your tour experience.
The Moonwalk (a simulation of our moon’s gravity for visitors weighing 70 pounds or less) is an optional demonstration for pre K – 3rd grade students during this program. The demonstration is best for groups of 40 or less students. If your group has more than 40 students, you can choose to have a shortened tour in order for the students to have time for a turn on the Moonwalk. When you are scheduling your group you will be given a choice based on the size of your group and age of your students as to whether this demonstration will be included in your visit.
- Some parts of this on site tour are available as virtual or outreach programs.
- This program is available to visitors ages 4 to adult.
- There is a minimum of 15 students or a $150 charge.
- A tour is scheduled for 1.5 hours
- Larger groups may want to consider a combo program.
- The program is $10 per student, with one adult free with every 3 students.
- This program is available by appointment only.
- For additional information or to schedule a group, please call (603) 669-0400