Volunteer Position Department: Programs
Time Commitment: 3-6 hours per week, this is a Tuesday and or Thursday position. Hours: 9am-12pm
Reports To: Education and Programs Coordinator
Mission: SEE Science Center is where everyone can discover the excitement of STEM through fun, hands-on experiences.
SEE Science Center has been engaging visitors of all ages in the
pursuit of science discovery for more than 30 years through interactive
exhibits and hands-on programing. SEE is located in 30,000 square feet
in the Manchester’s Millyard and welcomes over 50,000 visitors
The SEE Science Center has two Early Learner Programs, Storytime Science (ages 2-5) and Science Sprouts (ages 4-6). The role of the Early Learner volunteer will be to assist the lead instructor in providing support to the children and their caregivers both in class and during free explore time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete Early Learner training.
- Set-up and clean -up of classroom.
- Interacting with parents and children and answering questions about the class topic.
- Clean-up and sanitation of the SEE Science Center after explore time is over.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be willing to work partially onsite at the Science Center during the pandemic.
- Aility to work well with others and interact with visitors.
- Patience and love of small children.
- An interest in early childhood development.
- All volunteers must pass a background check to work unsupervised around children.
- Ability to physically set-up and clean-up classroom and exhibit floor
- Ability to stand for long periods.
All applicants will be considered for volunteer positions without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.