Volunteer Position Department: Development
Time Commitment: 80-100 hours over 1 semester.
Reports To: Deputy Director
Mission: SEE Science Center is where everyone can discover the excitement of STEM through fun, hands-on experiences.
SEE Science Center has been engaging visitors of all ages in the pursuit of science discovery for more than 30 years through interactive
exhibits and hands-on programing. SEE is located in 30,000 square feet in the Manchester’s Millyard and welcomes over 50,000 visitors
The primary role of the Business Prospecting Intern (BPI) will be to work with SEE staff on developing a list of local prospects for two main targets:
- Businesses that may contribute items for raffles/silent auctions at special events
- Businesses that may be interested in event and exhibit sponsorship and/or corporate membership opportunities.
The BPI will be trained in the proper approach for identifying and cataloging prospects, solicitation and follow up. The intern will receive feedback at multiple points throughout the course of this internship and a formal mid-term and final review on their performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with your SEE Staff Advisor to develop project goals.
- Identify regional prospects across business sectors.
- Maintain and track spreadsheet of prospects.
- Develop a solicitation, follow up and stewardship plan.
- May work remotely as needed.
- Knowledge of Manchester region is preferred.
- Must have good communication skills: phone, web and in person.
- Must be organized and motivated.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to think critically and ask questions.
- All interns must pass a background check to work unsupervised around children.
- Ability to orate and speak to individuals and groups.
- Some travel may be required.
All applicants will be considered for volunteer positions without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.