Campers complete an “Invention and Discovery" film using Stop-Motion Animation and LEGO® bricks & Minifigures. Limit 1 session per camper.
Campers begin by discovering the techniques of stop motion animation and film making while they brainstorm and choose a film subject. They then work on story boarding, set design and construction, and minifigure casting. The final 3 days are for filming, sound recording and editing.
During filming, each camper will have a turn to act as the director, computer operator, movement coordinator and to work with sound effects. Campers will also have the opportunity to create an intro and final credits. A film premiere concludes the camp. Afterward, movies will be posted to YouTube for students to share with family and friends, and copies are provided to campers.
On average, each group creates about 3 minutes of film using a 10-15 frame per second playback rate. Visit the SEE Science Center's YouTube page to watch films from previous camps.
This camp was created by and will be run by Brickapalooza owner and founder, Eric Kingsley.
All SEE camps follow State of New Hampshire guidelines for operation. Please call SEE at (603) 669-0400 if you have questions.
- This camp is for kids ages 8 to 12.
- Campers are grouped by age.
- This is a one week camp with two session choices.
- Camp is from 9:00am – 3:30pm.
- Camp is $300
- SEE members save $15.
- $50 off full price, second camp choice or sibling (cannot be combined with other discounts).
- EBT/ SNAP cardholders can sign up for one week of camp for $100 in person at SEE with card.
- Payment is due at registration, $50 of each registration is non-refundable.
Please contact SEE with any questions.